Tuesday, 19 June 2007

Rippikoulu - Musta Seremonia Demo 1993










This is one of my favorite Death Metal demo's and on listening to this again I had to add this here. Rippikoulu were a Finnish band around during the 90's and their style was different to the endless barrage of generic Death Metal that was flooding the scene at this time. They brought elements of Doom and Gothic atmosphere to a genre in dire need of a breathe of fresh air. Well worth the download and it still stands up today.
In 1995 one Rippikoulu band member died, and with him the whole band. The guitarist of the band, Marko Henriksson died 01.01.1995.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man u have msn? i need talk with you

STiG(NZ) said...

Who's asking? Are you a stalker? Are you after sexy times?

David said...

WOW!!!!

I loved this demo way back in the day (my flatmate in New Zealand at the time got it from the band)but never though I'd hear it again.

THANX!!!!

Anonymous said...

give me your mail if you want the "mutaation aiheuttama sisäinen mätäneminen" i see if i can dig it out somewhere. i do have them both as originals straight from the band and other stuff

STiG(NZ) said...

My email address is in my profile.

Anonymous said...

I found this site and was very suprised to see our demo here. Thanks for your kind words!

Well, official place to get our demos is koti.mbnet.fi/rippikou or e-mail me at musta.seremonia@yahoo.com

Olli
Rippikoulu

Anonymous said...

david or anyone have this demo original?

Cory75FI said...

Rippikoulu - Musta Seremonia, remasteroitu albumi ilmestyy 2009 joulukuussa, julkaisijana SVART records. Rippikoulu - Musta Seremonia, remastered album will come out at December 2009 by SVART records.

rayss said...

thanks. this is really good, i'mnot a fan of death metal but this is really good, it has grind and crust(slow and fast). the vocals give it away but the metal is the kind i like.

mandraxam said...

Remastered and pressed in vinyl... Thank you! Kiitos, ei ollu aika kullannu muistoja.

STiG(NZ) said...

Yes I brought this on Vinyl as soon as it came out, great stuff.