Friday, 21 November 2008

Electro Hippies - The Peel Sessions 12 inch 1987




Electro Hippies were a fucking great band from the mid to late 80's and always offered up a unique sound to what was happening with the rest of the UK bands of the time. I mean take a listen to a song such as "Deadend" and tell me it's not one hell of a powerful track. This has been blogged elsewhere numerous times but I don't give a toss because this blog is about what I like and I like the Electro Hippies a lot.

01 - Sheep
02 - Starve The City (To Feed The Poor)
03 - Meltdown
04 - Escape
05 - Deadend
06 - Thought
07 - Chickens
08 - Mother
09 - Mega-Armageddon Death













Strange Fruit.

4 comments:

Perro said...

Thanx a lot, have been looking for this for quite a long time.
Keep up the great job, this blog never disappoint!

Robi_Wan said...

I´ve got 1 copy of the 12" for sale / trade.
get in touch.

Steve Scanner said...

My God... this is a blast from the past!! I remember seeing the band back in the 80s. They'd often play multi-band bills revolving around Ipswich mainstays, EXTREME NOISE TERROR. Good stuff as ever Stig....

Anonymous said...

My band 'Repulsives' played with them in Antwerp...
Iwould like to get in touch with Whitey. Can anyone help?
Please mail via
smurfpunx.wordpress.com
Brob (Belgium)