Monday, 24 October 2016

VA - Let Them Eat Jellybeans Lp - 1981


Early compilation released on Jello Biafra's Alternative Tentacles label and a great snap shot of the diversity within the "punk" genre both in San Francisco, the greater US and even Canada.

Side A:
01 - Flipper - Ha Ha Ha
02 - D.O.A - The Prisoner
03 - Black Flag - Police Story
04 - Bad Brains - Pay To Cum
05 - Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks - Fuck Off
06 - Circle Jerks - Paid Vacation
07 - Really Red - Prostitution
08 - The Feederz - Jesus Entering From The Rear
09 - The Subhumans - Slave To My Dick

Side B:
10 - Geza X - Isotope Soap
11 - Bpeople - Persecution - Thats My Song
12 - Wounds - An Object
13 - The Offs - Everyone's A Bigot
14 - Anonymous - Corporate Food
15 - 1/2 Japanese - Fun Again
16 - Christian Lunch - Jokes On You
17 - Voice Farm - Sleep

"17 Extracts From Americas Darker Side"
password is mboc

Alternative Tentacles.

9 comments:

jazzpunk said...

Are these lossless files or mp3?

STiG NZ said...

320kb VBR Mp3

OLDSCHOOLMIKE said...

Love it !
I have this one on vinyl, I got way back when it came out.
Henry from Black Flag/S.O.A., is still listed as Henry Garfield on the
insert poster. :)

STiG NZ said...

Ha, great fact, cheers.

d. said...

Yep, that's it. Great VA album. US (old-school punk-rock) high-quality! I keep it in the collection too.

chris_c said...

many thanks for the share - classic, one of my first exposures to USHC. i too had the vinyl and poster, but it was culled along with the rest of my collection when the "superior sounding" and "indestructible" CD came along: i was a teenage sub-moron / gullible oaf. police (force) by the dicks is never gonna sound better on CD. thankfully, i kept hold of the first two kraut 7"s and a few others.
thanks too for great recent shares - crow especially.

STiG NZ said...

I thankfully didn't sell a lot when the "CD" fad came about and TBH most punk stuff was still only vinyl especially 7" ep's so that kept me on the right track... I did however sell a large portion of my collection when I moved abroad instead of storing them somewhere.. now that was a dumb move.

El Thunder said...

Спасибо! Thank you! Great compilation, greetings from Russia.

STiG NZ said...

Hi, yes a great compilation, greetings from New Zealand comrade :)